The Code of Conduct states that we will respect property and personal rights, co-operate with and support each other and take responsibility for a safe environment. The teacher’s right to teach and a student’s right to learn cannot be disturbed by the actions of others. MAPLES ACADEMY is committed to develop positive inter-personal relationship between members of the school community. Bullying and harassment at school, along with other disruptive activities, are unacceptable behaviours and will be dealt with accordingly. The rules that apply in all circumstances in our academy are – “Do the right thing and say the right thing”
The following practices will lead to strict disciplinary action. Please refer to the section of disciplinary measures.
- Disfiguring or damaging school property.
- Bunking classes/school and Class Tests.
- Sloganeering and signature campaigns.
- Bringing a cellphone to school.
- Use of violence in any form
- Scribbling or writing anything on the shirts or uniform/walls or writing boards etc.
- Using abusive language.
- Not wearing the proper school uniform, as specified in the planifier (school diary).
- Entering school without wearing uniform even after school hours.
- Bringing, wearing, buying, selling or possessing any kind of garment.
- Damaging, scribbling or tearing pages from library books, text or exercise books.
- Bringing sharp and injury causing articles such as knives etc.
- Bringing books, CDs etc. not relevant to their course work.
- Bringing costly articles (like expensive watches, cameras, fountain pens, i pods etc.)
- Bullying or using any form of violence against a fellow student.
- Smoking, gambling, drinking or using drugs.
- Chewing gums, supari, tobacco or pan masala etc.
- Bursting crackers or throwing colour on one another within or near the school premises.
- Bringing civil clothes to school at any point of time unless prior permission has been granted by a school teacher.
- Late arrival in classes/school.
- Disrespect towards teachers.
- Misconduct, indiscipline and misbehaviour in school transport.
- Not wearing the identity card.
- Driving vehicles without D.L. and Helmet.
Disciplinary Measures :
Any student found breaking school rules will be dealt with strict actions. The following measures will be adopted to maintain discipline :
- Oral warning & counselling.
- Written warning.
- Monetary Penalty to be decided by the Principal
- Issue of memo
- Withdrawal of bus facilities for misbehaviour in the school bus (Parents will be responsible for picking and dropping them to school)
- Exclusion from class and school activities and change of section.
However, the Principal retains the right to expel a student outright if the offence is of a very serious nature. The Principal will have the right to withhold the character certificate of any student whose conduct is not keeping in with the rules laid down by the school.